Last week, the Blink, Chromium, v8 and Skia projects saw 1,751 commits made by 432 authors. This article describes them, up to r229770.
A series of changes happened in regards to supporting multiple profiles. The profile selection menu in Chrome’s UI is being changed from displaying an avatar, to displaying a drop-down box displaying the user’s name. In Chrome OS, the icons will only show when the user is visiting another profile in their session. A menu option for teleporting windows to another user has also been added. As usual, François already made a screenshot.
All CSS Regions will now create their own layers and stacking contexts. Properties of the experimental CSS Shapes implementation have been unprefixed, but prefixed aliases remain supported for the time being. Support for parsing the text-justify and touch-action-delay properties has been implemented. Forms submitted to a dialog won’t dispatch the close event on the dialog until all processing is done.
Support for ECMAScript 6’s Math.sign() method has been implemented as an experimental feature in v8. The htmlFor property of <output> elements is now settable, creating an <image> element using createElement() will now return a generic HTMLElement and columns in the window.onerror event will now be 1-based. Dominic added support for the onvoiceschanged event as part of the the experimental Speech Synthesis API.
Other changes which occurred last week:
- The DevTools team is working on accessing unloaded Android tabs through remote debugging.
- The Sec-WebSocket-Extensions header will now be visible in DevTools for handshake responses.
- A new experimental method of overflow scroll landed: Universal accelerated overflow scroll.
- Work on the Mojo shell has started, and it’s already able to load HTTP URLs.
- Blink layout tests which run a series of assertions can now be written without expected results.
- An implementation of a TCP Server-socket API landed for Chrome Extensions.
- Android now supports faster sequential tapping on pages where the page scale is fixed.
Thanks for reading!