A total of 1,800 commits were made by 437 authors in the Blink, Chromium, v8 and Skia repositories last week.
Animations in Blink are getting a large overhaul as the implementation of Web Animations is progressing, bringing along new features and a ton of bug-fixes. WebKit, by the way, announced their intentions to start working on implementing Web Animations as well.
Blink can now synthesize small-caps for @font-face declarations with multiple sources, and transforming text to either upper or lowercase with text-transform now supports Turkic languages. Support for the column-fill property in the new CSS Regions-based multiple column implementation has landed as well!
Other changes which occurred last week:
- WebRTC video on Chromium for Android can now be decoded in hardware.
- The sockets.tcp Extension API has been revived for client sockets.
- A full QWERTY keyboard layout has been added as a Virtual Keyboard for ChromeOS.
- ChromeOS now features desktop switching functionality, including hiding other user’s windows.
- IndexedDB databases now use LevelDB’s Snappy, bringing much better compression.
- Yoav changed various systems to determine their instrinsic size based on srcset’s resources’s pixel density.
That’d be all.