1,621 commits were made by 417 authors to the Blink, Chromium, v8 and Skia repositories last week.
Within Chrome DevTools, work continues on implementing the new Layer panel. The <Cmd/Ctrl>-<\> shortcut has been added as a shortcut to pause and continue the debugger. Mike has been busy with improving messages shared by Blink for errors and exceptions: anything from XMLHttpRequest to localStorage and tainted images for WebGL will now throw clearer errors.
The window.devicePixelRatio property and the resolution and -webkit-device-pixel-ratio Media Queries will now be affected by the applied browser zoom. Julien started with removing support for the prefixed -webkit-marquee CSS properties and CSS Shapes now supports shape-outside image values, and can be enabled using their own runtime flag. Support for the text-decoration property shorthand landed again as well.
XMLHttpRequests in Blink do now support “json” as a responseType. Support for .wav files has been brought to the Web Audio API on Android. Accessing a cross-origin frame’s location setter may now throw an exception. A new about:flags entry also has been added for an experiment in which touchmove events aren’t being distributed to the renderer anymore. Finally, the DataTransferItemList.remove() method has been implemented.
When building Chromium for Android, the “chromium_testshell” target is the most complete browser you can build. Tommy has now updated it to include a menu option for signing in and out of Chromium.
Other changes which occurred last week:
- Chromium’s version number is now equal to the number of ice cream flavors sold by Baskin-Robbins.
- The interactive autofill dialog feature will be experimentally available for Android.
- Chrome for Mac will display a voice search omnibox icon for search result pages.
- A second version of UDP Socket APIs for Chrome Extensions increases performance significantly.
- Work on a Desktop Capture API for Chrome Extensions has started as well.
- Chrome’s App Launcher on Mac OS X has a new icon, because the previous one was too big.
- Alexis started preparations for unprefixing Blink’s CSS Animations support.
Thanks for reading!